I woke up this morning, the birds were singing, the coffee was brewing, ahhh the sweet aroma...everything seemed good. As i sat down with my coffee, I noticed my model of the surprise, It seemed when the paint had dried on the sails it straighten them...the sails looked...well they looked pants to be honest.
I decided to redo the sails on her, and after a trip to a local arty shop came away with some nice textured card that seemed perfect for the sails.
Having to cut the sails off was a pain, and ended up having to redo the rigging at the front....ah well, this project was about learning, so hopefully I've learnt a lesson. Anyway, some pictures of the re-sailed HMS Surprise.